Lame. But I applaud Serious Eats for bringing this video to my attention. You know who I want to hire? The guy who just picks it up and goes for it. That's the only guy I could really take seriously.
The question has been posed whether or not melted cheese should top a bowl of guacamole. I've been on a guacamole hunt for 2.5 months now. That's right. And I've learned alot.
1. Puree is out, needs chunk
2. Actual guacamole needs a little color, even different color shade of green from jalapenos count
3. Colored chips are a plus. I don't care if they have a tendency to not be as tasty, they are a plus.
4. Interesting presentation is a plus: guacamole in chip bowl? You get to eat a big guacamole soaked chip at the end? Yes please.
And I have two contenders: Swanky's in Franklin, TN and the Sunset restaurants here in Boston, MA. These are subject to change based on:
1. New findings
3. Cheese toppings? and other seemingly ludacris ideas
To be continued....(how 'bout that picture? I call it "Apprehension of Cheese". It's creation was soley for my benefit.)
I learned what Muesli is today. I'm making some. When things like this happen (plum -> prune...who knew?) I feel like I've been failed by the system.
On an un-food related note, who loves "You Aint A Killer" by Big Punisher (full name for effect)? I do, that's who. I found it on some imeem play list tribute to MJ titled: Top 10 hip-hop songs that sample MJ. It has wildly inappropriate lyrics to type here, but that chorus comes on and...this may make the "I listen and dance to this while I cook" list. Jut bop along.